On Thursday 21st November, we welcomed back our ex-Year 11’s to celebrate their achievements during the last academic year and to celebrate the Class of 2019.
Students were nominated by school staff to receive a certificate or award in one or more subjects or extra-curricular areas. Students were also nominated to recognise an achievement in an aspect of school life.
The evening started with a welcome from the Headteacher, Mark Cooper. The audience were also treated to two fabulous musical pieces from current Sixth Form students, Anna Cladingbowl and Saskia Pickard.
Certificates were presented to deserving winners for the following categories:-
- Head of Year
- Attendance Award
- Outstanding Effort
- Outstanding Progress
- Academic Achievement (high academic achievement across multiple subjects)
Our guest speaker for the evening was Martin Evans. Martin was a previous governor at the school during his time working at RAF Shawbury. His two children also attended the school and continues to support Thomas Adams.
Martin presented the certificates and awards to students in front of their proud parents and families.
Special awards and trophies were also awarded to the following students:-
- Reader Cup for Community Spirit & Citizenship – Jakub Bledek
- Greg Davies Performing Arts Trophy – Reuben Haycocks
- Lee Smith Memorial Cup – Harvey Pyke
- Annie Platt Salver for Mathematics – Maya Balachandran
- Gareth Utting English Cup – Caitlin Hall
- David Breeze Salver for Science – Anna Cladingbowl
Headteacher, Mark Cooper, concluded the evening with his closing words on the considerable achievements of the Year group.
Congratulations to the Class of 2019!