Welcome to Thomas Adams A Level art course
To ensure that you get off to a flying start on the course you will need to resource your own projects by taking good quality photographs of:-
- Figures with slim fitting clothes on in different positions, curled into a ball, standing to the side, crouching, sitting, moving, jumping down, diving down x 10
- Landscapes and seascapes( taken now not from old holiday pictures )x 4
- Open and closed pheasant/ bird wings available in butchers shops x 4
- Urban / city landscapes x 6
- Machinery x4
These need to be on a usb for use in class and also printed out professionally (they can be done on line as many companies are available very cheaply) not on a printer please.
Please consider your backgrounds, lighting, angles and close ups of each picture.
- You will also need to collect some small A4 samples of vintage paper and fabric in order to produce an insect sculpture based on a piece by the artist Mister Finch. You could stuff the inside with wadding or use chicken wire for the armature. Try to hide the stitching and keep edges as neat as possible.
YOU WILL BE DRAWING FROM THESE PHOTOGRAPHS SO THEY ARE AN INTEGRAL PART OF THE COURSE
PLEASE BRING THEM IN ON THE FIRST DAY OF THE COURSE