History transition work – Tsarist and Communist Russia 1855-1964
Read the attached pages by clicking here:
- Produce a timeline identifying the main changes in the period. Show the major social, political and economic changes that took place 1855-1964
- Which area experienced the most dramatic change? The least change?
- Which ruler brought the most change?
- Was there more continuity or change in the period?
- What examples are there that reform/change/continuity always came from above (i.e it was always decided by a strong leader)?
Did Britain change for the better between 1951 and 2007?
Consider the following as part of your note-taking:
- The economy
- Social change
- Britain’s status on the world stage. You should also familiarise yourself with the structure of the exam paper (please click here), as well as the skill needed to be successful in A level History.